I-94/Sprinkle Road Interchange: I-94, from west of Sprinkle Road to the I-94BL, Cork St. Relocated, from Cork St. Ct. to Business One Dr., and Sprinkle Rd., from Cork St. to Vanrick Dr. in the City of Kalamazoo and Comstock Township, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.
General Project Description:
The project length is 2.367 miles on I-94, 0.72 miles on E. Cork Street, and 0.447 miles on Sprinkle Road.
Work involved in the design of the project consists of:
- Analyzing current traffic operations interchange using MDOT traffic counts software for existing/future traffic.
- Preparing alternate interchange design concepts using MDOT traffic counts software for existing/future traffic.
- Investigation of alternate interchange design concepts with appropriate modeling software.
- Early preliminary design of horizontal and vertical geometrics of selected alternate interchange designs.
- Preparation of cost estimates for alternate interchange designs.
- Assembly of cost estimates for structure replacement options of Sprinkle Road over I-94 (S04 of 39022).
- Production of cost estimates for structure replacement options of Cork Street over I-94 (S10 of 39022).
- Compilation of completed scoping checklist.
Description of Design Survey Performed:
- Control – Set primary and intermediate horizontal and vertical control, performed observations and adjusted control network.
- Alignment – Established alignments and stationing for I-94 through the project limits, all six (6) ramps for interchange, Cork St Connected to E. Cork St, Sprinkle Road through project limits, and Cork St (relocated) through the project limits. Translated existing alignment (west of Sprinkle Rd) into this project.
- Property – Located over 20 PLSS/PCC corners, established ROW limits. Translated existing I-94 ROW (west of Sprinkle Rd) into this project. Parcel delineation through project limits and identification, coordinated PLSS/PCC Remonumentation for this project,
- Mapping – Topographic mapping throughout project limits. Structure specific data was collected and depicted on elevation and plan view sketches, and utility and drainage inventory performed and depicted connections on drawing.